Engineer And MARVEX 2023 Focuses On The Next Level Of Sustainability In The Engineering And ACMV & R INDUSTRY
Kuala Lumpur, 15 December 2022 – The region’s much-anticipated engineering and ACMV & R exhibition, ENGINEER and MARVEX, return in its second edition to KL Convention Centre from the 6th to the 9th of September 2023, poised to be the business gateway into the thriving ASEAN region.
ENGINEER and MARVEX 2023 emerge as a marketplace evolving to adapt and showcase sustainable technologies, products, and practices to support a more sustainable world with businesses rapidly shifting focus to incorporate the ESG agenda into their operations.
Designed as a dynamic platform to showcase cutting-edge technology and solutions from emerging and leading manufacturers and suppliers, this exhibition will spur technological advancements and mobilise growth in the industry’s central pillars – Mechanical; Electrical; Civil & Structural; and Air-Conditioning, Mechanical, Ventilation & Refrigeration.
“ENGINEER 2023 is a showcase of top-notch engineering and a platform to empower engineers and practitioners to take on a vital role in building sustainable, world-class infrastructure and solve global challenges with ESG-inspired technology,” said Ir. Prof. Dr. Norlida Buniyamin, President of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM).
She said this extraordinary business event aspires to be an avenue for engineering professionals and trade visitors to gain insights into the latest solutions and advanced engineering technologies, especially technology driving the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) agenda.
Conducting business sustainably and investing responsibly is a focused industry priority as organisations journey to incorporate ESG in fulfilling their responsibility to lead on climate change and to support a transition in how business is conducted in the future.
ENGINEER and MARVEX is also a space to exchange ideas, network and collaborate with participating exhibitors, and spark discussions and ideas to take the industry further as businesses accelerate innovation to help scale up climate change solutions, source trusted data, and establish global partnerships in supporting transitions to net zero. At ENGINEER and MARVEX, the exhibition will drive value creation and build resilience to meet competitive opportunities aligned with the ESG agenda based on five pillars – Sustainability, Energy, Society, Emerging Technology, and Education.
With the construction industry projected to grow at 4.7% in 2023 and a higher development budget of RM95 billion allocated in Budget 2023, the need to upskill and embrace technological advancement to unlock the potential in the industry comes to the forefront.
She added that ENGINEER and MARVEX aim to uplift the industry and prepare the professionals and talents from the nation’s private and public sectors to update and equip themselves. This time, the exhibition will feature eight (8) symposiums and conferences that intend to drive essential conversations that will shape and futureproof the industry, as follows:
- ASEAN ELECTROTECHNICAL SYMPOSIUM – discussing electrical safety regulations that alleviate electrical hazards found in industrial environments.
- ASEAN DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION SYMPOSIUM – discussing the digital transformation of the engineering industry given the adoption of IR 4.0, 5G, and digital adoptions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYMPOSIUM – shines the spotlight on emerging practices across the project management spectrum.
- SAFETY IN ENGINEERING SYMPOSIUM – driving conversations for Safety Practitioners on their legal obligations and best practices in the industry.
- WATER RESOURCES SYMPOSIUM – will see the industry discuss water resource management due to climate and environmental changes with emerging technologies and advancements.
- ADVANCES IN STRUCTURAL DESIGN SYMPOSIUM – discusses the updated knowledge of structural analysis and design of building structures in regions of low-to-moderate seismicity, which includes Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia.
- SMART SUSTAINABLE CITIES ENGINEERING SYMPOSIUM – highlights the urban development issues, challenges, and future trends with a focus on smart and sustainable cities with speakers from different fields including the public and private sectors.
- ASHRAE Malaysia Chapter Conference – This conference will discuss the latest ACMV & R standards, decarbonisation and the trends ahead in the industry.
Jointly organised by The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM), The Malaysian Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Association (MACRA) and C.I.S, this exhibition is the culmination of a powerful synergy that forges a thriving marketplace for exhibitors from various engineering disciplines. This platform will showcase the best and brightest solutions, products, and technologies to an expected 10,000 trade and professional visitors who will provide coverage for four days of the exhibition.
“ENGINEER 2023 is the place to upskill and share knowledge. As an engineer, it is important for us to source the latest brands and meet with manufacturers and suppliers,” said Ir. Yau Chau Fong, Organising Chairman of ENGINEER 2023.
ENGINEER 2023 and its concurrent exhibition, MARVEX 2023 is the biggest annual event by IEM and MACRA positioned to enhance the skills and knowledge of their over 50,000 members. It is also an event that will fuse the industry’s regional expertise, acting as a gateway to the rapidly burgeoning economies of ASEAN.
This time, more than ever, show attendees will see sustainability in action, from equipment powered by renewable energy technology to more recyclable materials and waste reduction opportunities to offer better support for sustainability and achieve triple bottom line performance.
In challenging market conditions, it becomes imperative for businesses to show greater visibility and to utilise the exhibition as an opportunity to determine market potential and develop commercial structures by identifying new agents and distributors and initiate joint ventures and project partnerships.
Nurturing trust and confidence across the supply chain, industry players will be better positioned to grow the industry and restart projects halted due to the pandemic while stimulating new projects and pushing the ESG agenda to the forefront.
For additional information, please visit www.engineermalaysia.com.my or our social media pages on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/engineerexhibition and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/engineermalaysia/